Thursday, September 22, 2011

Bling Bling

My week has officially taken a turn for the better: i have a brand new turquoise stud on the right side of my nose. Finally! Yay! Khadeeja, Adil and Iman all came on the excursion with Emily and I to GK market to get our noses done. As the pictures clearly illustrate, the stud is pretty small (just the way I wanted it!) and doesn't totally consume my face. The woman piercing did an excellent job and the entire ordeal only cost me 200 Rs (about 4.5 dollars, i'm lovvin this conversion rate). 

Today at the center our workshop destinations were finalized, and I am travelling to Varanasi to work with The Kiran Village. Check out this link, this looks like a fantastic organization!! It will be directly related to my ISP also if I get to spend some time with physically handicapped people in need of artificial limbs, which is also pretty exciting. Our group is also going on our second excursion to Udaipur on Monday for the week to work with a few NGO's. Udaipur is a 15 hour train ride... so we're taking an overnight car! Sure to be quite the new experience... not sure exactly what I think about that just yet. 

Here are a few pictures from the evening excursion showing off the newest addition to my face (hope you guys like it!) ... and seriously, how cute is this baby?!!

 Before and after!
 Mini-photoshoot with Iman, my favorite 7 month old.  
Emily and I with our new bling.

3 comments:

  1. Well, I think the piercing looks great! It appears to be quit small, very cool. At least there is no chain from your nose to your ear lol. Sounds like you have an exciting week ahead. Love love love the blog. Love you. You look adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HAVE THAT SHIRT! haha i love buying the same item of clothing with people, i was very excited to see you were wearing it. also, loooooove the nose ring, especially the turquoise! so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does your mom know about this? bahahah.

    ReplyDelete