Friday, August 26, 2011

off to an interesting start...

7446 miles.

That's exactly how far I'm going across the world, as confirmed by my dad this morning while I was running around my house frantically making sure everything was packed. That would be everything modest in my closet, leaving behind dresses, shorts, tank tops, spandex.... and its a whopping 95 degrees in Delhi during the day. I have to say... I might miss the air conditioning!

I've had a week filled of bittersweet goodbyes, today being no exception. My parents both dropped me off at the airport, waited while I walked through security all smiles while I was the one tearing up. What do I have to be upset about? I realized this of course after the security officer looked at my flight plan, and asked me if I was having a good day.  I replied with a sniffled,  "I'm ok, I guess." And he looked at me like I was crazy. Of course I'm alright, I'm on my way to India for Christ's sake! I'm upset I won't be seeing you all for awhile, but excited to be starting on a new adventure. Needless to say, I pulled it together for one last wave to the rents before making it on my way to my gate, to start my trip.

Now, according to original planning, right about now I would be half way across the Atlantic Ocean.....

But things don't always go as planned, now do they? Due to some unforeseen delays (not hurricane related, thank god) I'm posted up in the Newark airport awaiting my first of 2 international flights, with a hefty delay in between, because I am missing the original connecting flight. Maybe I'll learn a thing or 2 about Frankfurt in the 6 hours I'll be spending in their airport? Good thing I brought a book, and a really good sense of humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment