Friday, August 12, 2011

Anxious Preparations

It's officially official.

Yes, in exactly 2 weeks (eeek, that's even tough to say) I'll be on a plane headed to New Delhi, India to start my  3.5 month stint studying abroad there this fall. I've known about my trip since early in the spring semester but even now it seems a bit surreal that in only two short weeks I'll be halfway around the world.

The goal of this blog is to keep all you eager readers updated on my soon-to-be exciting life in India. Quick note:  Time difference will soon put me 9.5 hours ahead of those of you chillin' in Eastern Standard Time (EST). That being said, I'd love to say I could skype you all, but in reality that's probably going to be pretty difficult and just reading and commenting on this might be the best way to stay in contact. That means yes, please comment! I'd love to hear anything and everything you have to say, whether is about what I'm writing or what you've been up to.

In the meantime I have a lot more hindi learning to do before my flight leaves... more to come later!

7 comments:

  1. Excellent! I'm so glad you're doing this Rachael, looking forward to all your updates and living vicariously thru them! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let your adventure begin.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Rachel, This is so exciting!!!! You are having an adventure few get to have. I can't wait to read and see all that is going on. Take care and know we luv ya here at CCDS! Mrs. C

    ReplyDelete
  4. How was your ist day?

    ReplyDelete
  5. gramma t cant wait to hear your exciting adventures i love you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. rachael i cant wait to see your pictures what an experience in traffic ha ha just be careful i saw that on discovery channel not the same as being there though im glad your with a group learn as much as you can love grammy xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rachael,

    You look great!
    Have fun.

    ReplyDelete