Monday, December 5, 2011

Coming Full Circle

annnnd finally, the moment of truth: today at exactly 1:08 PM I submitted my 40 page ISP.... a whole 4 hours before the deadline. Impressive, eh?!

Wednesday was my last day in Jaipur, and bright and early Thursday morning (5:45 to be exact) I hopped the train back to Delhi. You know, I've learned a lot this semester- I managed to get from Jaipur to Delhi all alone, and at a reasonable cost! Yes, that means I also successfully navigated Delhi in rickshaws... finally, all those ridiculous and overpriced rides paid off. I spent Thursday hanging out at an ashram with some friends, and Thursday night went with my friend Poonam to her Madhu Auntie's house for a little home cooking and a comfy place to stay for the night. After spending 3.5 weeks in a guest house coming back to a home, even though its not my families, was so sooo nice.

Friday and Saturday seemed a little bit like Delhi vacation ... Poonam and I checked into a hotel with her cousin and friend who are studying for the year in Lucknow, and the 4 of us experienced what could be described a the luxurious life in Delhi. Expensive lunches (600 rupees.. who does that?!!? .. thats 11 dollars, btw), movie watching, walking around shops and another birthday celebration!! Our group re-united to celebrate Quinn's 21st New Delhi style, and it turned out to be MUCH more adventurous than mine .... going out with the Indian girls in Delhi turned out to be much easier and such a good time the second time around.

Of course we couldn't forget about the papers, so plenty of my weekend was spent fine tooth editing while simultaneously re-watching seasons of Glee.. Emily Hrichak, you will appreciate this especially. After 4 weeks of staring at the same document, it was SO NICE to finally turn something in today. Only one 20 minute presentation standing between me and freedom, and my return back to good ol' (coldddd) Ohio!

Thinking about coming home is a little bittersweet though. Being with such a small group for 14 weeks has come with its challenges, but overall its been so rewarding. And now I have 23 new friends, that I'm not all that excited to leave just yet. Good thing we're all checked back into Hotel Karina (where this crazy adventure began) to spend our last week in Delhi together. 

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful experience....

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh, I can't believe that you are coming home soo soon!!! I can't wait to see your smiling face and give you a HUGE hug!!!!

    i understand the bittersweet feeling, but there is so much to look forward to! miss you!!!

    amk

    ReplyDelete
  3. turn your phone on in Chicago and give me a call, love you and cant wait to see you, Dad

    ReplyDelete